Lifestyle: Storage For Small Rooms

06:03

If you're like me, (a person who wants everything from clothes to bags, jewellery to make-up) then you'll know it's the hardest challenge finding places to put them, especially when you have a small bedroom! 

After a room refresh I feel like I've made much better use of my space and everything is looking a lot fresher, cleaner and less cluttered (for now). The storage I've bought isn't just for small rooms however it is very useful for those with less space. 

Keep on reading to find 7 convenient storage products & some tips on storing all those essentials whilst keeping clutter to a minimum!







 Lets start with the basics... Drawers
Who doesn't have a set of drawers in their life? Easy to store things away but still easy to access everything you need to. I got these because, let's face it, Instagram photos are NOT pretty on brown wood (which I had before). These fit everything in that my previous drawers did however it is much smaller (thinner but taller). The depth isn't big at all which means I have space to move (yay!). If you're not wanting plain white then these drawers (bought seperately) come in a range of colours and sizes to suit your needs.
White Frame - Ikea £25
White Small Drawers - Ikea £1.50



Moving on to... a desk/shelf/drawers whatever you want to call it! 
I needed a desk and plenty of storage for my room and it was just impossible to find a small enough desk. I ended up going for this shelving unit because of the versatility and size of course. This was meant to have 4 different compartments however when building you don't have to include them all. Here you can see I have 3, this was just because it was suitable for me (as you can see my wash basket is now tucked away on the left). It's a shame you can't tuck a chair underneath because of the design however my bed is close enough to use and an retractable mirror comes in handy...
Shelving Unit - Ikea £20 



...which brings me to my retractable mirror.
So as I explained before, I don't actually have a chair for my desk I just sit on my bed, which is fine however it would be a pain if my mirror was sat on my desk. That's why I bought this handy little mirror and attached it to my wall, i can pull it out fairly wide so I'm facing the light whilst doing my make-up (always essential) and can push it back to the wall when I'm finished. This mirror is soo good because it doesn't take up any room on your desk and allows you to adjust the position of it.
Mirror - Ikea £4.50 




It's the little things that are good for storage sometimes... 
This is actually a towel rack which I've used as my jewellery holder, perfect for keeping all my necklaces in one place without getting tangled!  
Towel Rack (my necklace holder) - Ikea £2.90



These little wall storage compartments fit perfect on the side of this shelving unit and look so pretty! There good for adding storage without the sense of clutter.
Wall Storage - Ikea £2.50 each



This pretty bird cage has now got my small clutch bags and pom poms inside! Even though I feel the range of colours is still off putting and maybe slightly cluttered, the cage instantly makes it much more pretty and these furry pom poms look so cute inside! Sorry, I have no idea where this is from! 



Lastly is covering up my clutter with this blind
The shelves behind this blind are organised shoes, however the colours are not all black and white as I would like them to be therefore making my room look more cluttered, even though it isn't. This simple blind sticks on to where you want it to go (I used a pole to attach it to) and comes with Velcro attachments for the other side. There is also the option of changing the blind to whichever length if appropriate as it comes with plastic grips which do this for you.
Blind - Ikea £3

I hope you found this post useful if you do have a small room, or it might have given you some storage ideas even if you have a bigger room. Thanks for reading and I'll see you in my next post! 


klowey x 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Follow Me On Instagram